Tuesday, December 22, 2009
He is finally back!
Well, today was quite a day! My mom has been counting down to this day for the past two years and it finally came. haha. My brother came home! He was gone for two years on a mission for our church, so none of us had seen him for that time...he looks great! A little skinny, but happy and still in one piece. His plane came in at 1:11 this afternoon and we all went to lunch after. My grandma and whole family was there, as well as my friend Keith. He was the official photographer at the airport. It was a wonderful reunion and everyone was crying at the sight of Reid. I don't think any of us realized how much he had changed and how long it really had been since we had all last seen him..I know I missed him a lot, and I realized just how much that was the moment I saw him. We have spent the day listening to his stories and just staring at him. haha he is exactly the same, yet sooo different at the same time. It's really good to have him home, especially for the holidays. His stories are great to listen to as well. Some make you realize how blessed we are here, some make you laugh, and some make you wanna tell him to stop. hahaha. One of the greatest things he said today was when we were all sitting around in the living room and he goes "I have calluses on my knees from praying so much. Who would have thought that could happen!" haha. We are all just so happy to have our brother and son back home. He is happy to be back, but he misses Peru very much and you can tell by the way he talks about it. He will never forget those memories he had in that country with those wonderful people, and a part of me will always be jealous he got to have such a great and spiritual experience in his life. He is a great example to me of hard work and devotion. I love him so much and am so happy he is finally home, even though I know he misses Peru. He means a lot to us and has brought many blessings into our lives and smiles to our faces :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment