Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where it all begins.

Sorry, like I said before, I struggle with this blogging thing.

The last post was about picking Reid up from the airport, so it has been awhile. haha oops! well the Sunday after he got home he gave a GREAT talk in church. He has changed so much while he has been gone. (all for the better of course!) It was great to have him home for a bit though, as well as everyone else in the family. It was a week of many stories and sweet moments. It will be hard to forget.

Well, it was finally time for me to go off to college for the rest of the year! I brought in the new year with one of my best friends Keith at the YSA dance in Balboa Park down in downtown SD. We had lots of fun just hanging out...but I'm not going to lie, saying goodbye was not any fun. I don't think anyone likes saying goodbye, and especially to your best friends and family. But I survived and my family and I left that following friday morning and arrived in Salt Lake City that evening. It was quite the drive, but we got to stop and see Maren and Bryan on the way since they were in Utah with his family. It was a safe trip, we had three cars out on the road so it was an accomplishment to get them all to Utah safely. But we got it done! I was a pretty sad on that drive because I could only imagine what was about to happen in my life. My family means everything to me, so the thought of leaving them for months at a time was kind of hard to swallow. I just tried to enjoy those last hours with them and I think I got that accomplished haha. We all hung out that first night in the hotel and got to bed early so we could get to Idaho at a decent hour the next day. We finally got to Rexburg, I got all checked in for school, got my dorm assignments, and started to move in. I met everyone in my dorm and found out we are all from California, with one exception. haha. I spent one last night with my family on saturday, and then they left me in the frozen tundra of Idaho the next morning. That morning was a little hard, but I had a lot to do and kept myself busy. My roommates and I spent that Sunday just sitting around chatting and figuring out how to do things haha. Monday no one had class and my roommate and I spent the day hanging out and going to new freshman activities. Us and one of our other roommates, as well as a few guys, walked down to walgreens later that day only to find out that it was closed because the power went out. The result of this trip was not what we intended it to be. haha it ended up being a 4 block walk/snowball fight, both ways. It was great fun :) that night we had our first FHE and then went back to our dorms living room and watched a movie with some friends. Yesterday class started for pretty much everyone, except for me! I went and bought my books and ran a few quick errands so I would be prepared for my classes the next day. Last night I went to my friend from back home's apartment and had dinner and hung out. It was nice to get out of the dorms for a night! Today was my first legit day of college, and I loved it! I spent the day running (practically) from class to class, but they all seem like really fun classes so I had a good day. It got nice and cold today..it had been pretty warm the last couple days (30 degrees was very warm) so today was a bit of a shock. haha it is actually 0 degrees as I type this right now...should be a fun weekend! haha. anyways, I am absolutely loving it up here and the adjustment wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be. I miss my parents, my siblings, and my besties Lauren and Keith, but I know this is what I gotta do!

Its been a crazy last couple of days...getting settled into a new "home", meeting lots of new people, going to school, and missing my crazy family. I seriously love it here though and I am already learning so many things! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and to learn and meet people in this environment. I am looking forward to a wonderful 4 years up here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment