Better late than never, right?
Last weekend Hayley came and got me Friday afternoon to go on a little 24 hour adventure. When she got here we went and got doughnuts and lots of trail mix, a tent, and water from Walmart. Where were we going you might ask?
Just this little place called Yellowstone, aka Bear Country.
For those who know me and think that I don't seem like the kind of person who would enjoy camping/hiking adventures...I would say, "That my friends, is a false assumption. I actually enjoy being one with nature. For a limited time."
Anyway, our adventure was a lot of fun. We drove through a little bit of Montana and into Wyoming to the park, saw Old Faithful, lots of trees, bison, elk, more trees, caught a whiff of some smelly sulfur, and observed a beautiful waterfall in the canyon. It was a really beautiful trip. We got caught in a pretty gnarly thunder/rain/lightening storm on the way over but after that the weather was perfect. On the way home we drove through the Teton National Park, which was equally as beautiful as Yellowstone. Don't worry, I took plenty of pictures. 142 to be exact.
The clouds rollin in
Yes, that is hail
SO green!
This is for Hayley. "Those people are just living the dream!" *Notice man zipping up his pants on the left....we were stopped in this line of cars for some time.
Oh, joy
This was our "Tent of Love" I encourage you to ask Hayley about her slogan for it!
Bison. Right there, practically on the road...really kind of scary
Waterfall in the canyon
Top of the small mountain hike we went on
Right by the lake. (photo product of self timer..)
The Grand Tetons
I just couldn't resist this last photo. We tried to take another self timer photo without the door in it and this is what we got. Wind storm+self timer=
Overall, it was a really fun trip. I am so glad Hayley took me with her. It was a lot of driving for her and I know she was extremely exhausted by the end, but I'm glad we did it. I love her so much and am so grateful to have her as one of my older sisters. She is a great example to me. Plus, she really knows how to party!
Love you Hayley. Thanks for such a memorable 24 hours!
There really isn't much more to write. This week has gone pretty fast. It was Keith's birthday on Tuesday but it rained so we didn't get to go golfing, which is what he REALLY wanted to do. We did hang out and watch Sports Nation, open presents, and go out to dinner. It was low key, but fun :) Since we didn't do much during the day, I didn't take any pictures. I apologize to those who wanted to see some. I think Keith is ok with no photos being taken on his birthday....he doesn't really love to be in them hahaha.
Everything is good here though. School is FINALLY wrapping up and the weather has been pretty good. This next week is going to be a little bit insane, I just know it. Its finals/moving out week which is never a good combination. Lots of stress and things to do with hardly enough time. Oh well, I will be home in 8 days! So close.
I love you all and will see you SO SOON!
ciao
Paige
**If you want to see more pictures, there is a whole album on my facebook. Feel free to check em out :)






and were going to CABO!!!!
ReplyDeleteSUCH A GOOD TIME. So glad we went. We will go somewhere else in CA this summer or fall.
ReplyDelete