Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Words to Live By

I love this. It's called the Serenity Prayer and I'm pretty sure Alcoholics Anonymous has adopted it....which is what made it so well known. I had actually never heard the second part until I googled it and I love it just as much as the first part. 


Just read it:

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen."
--Reinhold Niebuhr

and...


Psalm 37:3-5 :
"3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.


4 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.


5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."




If I will continue to trust in and follow Him, I can make it through anything and will be blessed beyond measure. I know that is true with all of my heart. I love my Savior and all that He has done for me. I know he loves every single one of us and is always there, waiting to help and guide us. We just have to let Him in. Without my faith, I would not be who I am today. I am so grateful for all that I have. I have truly been blessed more than I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment